Apple - "Unknown Error = -2,147,414,007" on creating certificate with Certificate Assistant
Was able to get this to work. The purpose for creating a certificate was to codesign gdb on Mac. Here are the steps for the same:-
- Create a certificate with all the parameters mentioned above.
- Instead of saving the Keychain under location System, save it under Login.
- Then, unlock the System Keychain by clicking on the lock icon on the top left corner and drag the certificate from Login to System.
- Right Click the Certificate, click on Get Info and and under Trust, set to Always Trust.
- Restart taskgated in terminal:
- Enable root account:
Open System Preferences.
Go to User & Groups > Unlock.
Login Options > "Join" (next to Network Account Server).
Click "Open Directory Utility".
Go up to Edit > Enable Root User.
codesign -fs gdbc /usr/local/bin/gdbin the terminal.
- Disable Root Account again and you should be good to go.
- Keychain Access error when creating new system certificate