Setting MSMQ permissions for a private queue created by a different user
And for a manual process if all else fails:
- Stop the MSMQ Service (Services -> Message Queuing)
- Open the C:\WINDOWS\system32\msmq\storage\lqs folder
- Find the config file in this folder that describes a queue that has "good" security permissions. You will need to open each file in turn with a text editor to determine which queue it relates to.
- Once you have the correct file open, locate the line in the file that begins Security=....
- Copy the whole line to your clipboard (watch out for Word Wrap, this line will be quite long)
- Find the config file in this folder that describes your problem queue
- Open this file in a text editor.
- Overwrite the Security=... line in this file with the contents of your clipboard
- Save the modified file
- Start the MSMQ service; new permissions will be picked up.
Right click on Your Queue -> Properties -> Security -> Goto Advanced and modify permission for groups.
First, change the ownership of the queue to the Administrators group; then assign yourself the permissions you need.