Resetting factory defaults - HP Proliant DL360 gen8
I don't know how the USB controller ended up disabled on your system... I'd love to know what happened right before you asked this question...
But you do have a couple of options to recover. Since there's no PS/2 port on this line of servers, I guess keyboard input doesn't work. Is there an OS loaded already? Are you suuuure that your keyboard/KVM switch is known-good?
Try the battery again. The ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server Maintenance and Service Guide says that the battery is the right way to restore system defaults.
You can also reset the system settings using the proper jumper sequence.
- Remove all power supplies from the chassis
- Locate the System Maintenance Switch on the motherboard - It's a set of 10 DIP switches.
- Turn switch #6 switch on.
- Insert all power supply units.
- Power on the server and allow it to idle for 3 minutes.
- Power the server off.
- Remove all power supplies.
- Return DIP switch #6 to off (original) position.
- Reinsert the power supplies.
- Power the server on.
Is there a better workaround or solution to boot a Proliant DL380 Gen8 from USB DVD drive than "Restore Default System Settings"?
HP Proliant Gen8 boot failure after bios upgrade and processor upgrade