Android - Remove Most Frequently Used Apps Container from Apps menu
To remove the most used app bar follow the steps :
- Open Google Now ;
- Open the sidebar (hamburger menu or slide from the left) ;
- Click the "Settings" button ;
- Scroll down to the Home screen section
- Toggle the option "App Suggestions".
Source : Reddit.
There was recently an update (Android 7.1.2) that makes the previous answer incorrect, the new directions are as follows:
- Press and hold on the home screen until this dialogue appears:
- Then simply press the settings icon and change the one that says app suggestions.