Microphone not working on Windows 10 Version 1803
There's a microphone privacy options page. The latest insider's update has it blocking all apps by default.
- Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
- Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
- Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to
In addition to
- Go to
- Make sure "Microphone access for this device is
- And switch "Allow access to the microphone on this device" to
as Ermish's suggested, I had to
- disable and enable one of my microphones for the changes to apply apply.
Then all my microphones worked again.
I've found the solution here:
"Microphone not detected anymore? Sound settings or features not working? Check Settings > Privacy Microphone and test if "Let apps use my microphone" resolves the issue."