How should you clean your MacBook Pro?
I think I would follow this advice from Apple: How to clean Apple products
The materials used to make Apple products vary; in some cases each product may have specific cleaning requirements, which may vary by the part you are cleaning. Here are some tips that apply to all products to get you started:
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, and similar items may cause damage to the item.
- Disconnect your Apple product from any external power sources.
- Disconnect any external devices and other cabling from the product.
- Keep liquids away from the product.
- Don’t get moisture into any openings, and don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives.
- Do not spray cleaners directly onto the item.
For the MacBook Pro, they say:
When cleaning the outside of your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, first shut down your computer and unplug the power adapter. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Do not spray liquid directly on the computer. Do not use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives that might damage the finish.
I use a dry cloth to clean mine and don't use any chemicals, they just scare me with my MacBook Pro.
This is a guide to cleaning laptop monitors that I found:
How to Clean Laptop Computer Screen