Development server of create-react-app does not auto refresh
Have you seen the “Troubleshooting” section of the User Guide?
It describes a few common causes of this problem:
When you save a file while
npm startis running, the browser should refresh with the updated code.
If this doesn’t happen, try one of the following workarounds:
- If your project is in a Dropbox folder, try moving it out.
- If the watcher doesn’t see a file called
index.jsand you’re referencing it by the folder name, you need to restart the watcher due to a Webpack bug.
- Some editors like Vim and IntelliJ have a “safe write” feature that currently breaks the watcher. You will need to disable it. Follow the instructions in “Disabling swap files creation in vim”.
- If your project path contains parentheses, try moving the project to a path without them. This is caused by a Webpack watcher bug.
- On Linux and macOS, you might need to tweak system settings to allow more watchers.
- If the project runs inside a virtual machine such as (a Vagrant provisioned) VirtualBox, create an
.envfile in your project directory if it doesn’t exist, and add
CHOKIDAR_USEPOLLING=trueto it. This ensures that the next time you run
npm start, the watcher uses the polling mode, as necessary inside a VM.
If none of these solutions help please leave a comment in this thread.
I hope this helps!
Have you tried npm start with super user permissions? I had the issue with my project and I solved it like this.
$sudo bash #npm start
If none of the above alternatives works, try adding a
.env file in the base path of the project and inside add
FAST_REFRESH = false
- React 17
- React-scrits 4