Connecting to Remote Server Using Performance Monitor Does Not Work

I found this article that details some steps about rebuilding PerfMon settings.

I then ran the following in an elevated command prompt:

cd /d %systemroot%\system32
lodctr /r
cd /d %systemroot%\syswow64
lodctr /r

I then ran MMC and addred PerfMon. Initially I received the same error that the parameter was incorrect. Then I attempted to just add counter and the MMC seemed to "stutter" I was able to finally add remote counters. I then deleted the remote counters and attempted to connect to a remote server and saw this

enter image description here

rather than the error message. It connected correctly and is currently collecting my counters from the remote system.