"Connect via network" wireless debugging not working Xcode 9
I was having the same issue and performed the following steps to get things working:
- Open "Devices and Simulators"
- Connect your device and check the "Connect via network" checkbox
- Disconnect your device
- Right click listing for your device in the left hand column (Under Disconnected)
- Select "Connect via IP Address.." and enter your device's IP address
After numerous Wi-fi resets and device restarts (for iOS 12, Xcode 10) I found the solution for me was:
- Disconnect iOS device from Mac
- Go to Settings -> Develop on the iOS device
- Tap "Clear Trusted Computers"
- Reconnect iOS device to Mac via cable
- On iOS device tap "Trust This Computer" and enter passcode
- Go to Device Manager in Xcode and enable "Connect Via Network"
The network symbol appeared and I was good to go.