Any tips or tricks to hasten USB device detection and initialisation?
Some possible reasons and solutions :
- The USB hub or some ports on it might be flaky. (Does this happen on all ports and all hubs?)
- Enable USB legacy features in your BIOS
- Delete all USB ghosts by cleaning out all registry entries in
- "Complete" USB driver renewal as described in this answer
- Disable searching Windows Update for device drivers
For obvious reasons, take good backups before starting out, including creating a system restore point.
I find that if I attach the same device to the same USB port there is no wait time. It seem like a device is installed properly on one of the UBS ports and as soon as I attach it to a different port it needs to be re-installed.
This might not be what you are looking for but try it out, might work for you.